| Folger Shakespeare Library in Dc http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/Folger_Shakespeare_Library_DC.JPG |
This is my blog for all my thoughts and writings in freshman English this year. I will learn a great deal this year about literature and myself.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
DC Blog
Yesterday my Honors English class had a trip to the Folger. At the Folger we watched a Shakespearian play. During this play a very talented group of young actors acted out certain scenes from Shakespeare's play. When the acted out these scenes their body language really helped me understand what was going on then if i had just read it from the book. After they acted out some scenes they taught us tricks to understanding Shakespeare. These tricks were read it out loud, act it out, and read ahead to understand words you don't know. Next time i read Shakespeare im going to pretend like there is a scene going on in a play instead of a part of a story from a book. I will also read some of the more difficult lines out loud. My favorite part of the show was when the acted out the scene from Hamlet. Hamlet looks like a very exciting play and i might read it on my free time. I loved this field trip and it greatly helped me understand the importance of Shakespeare. I also loved seeing Washington DC. I hadn't been to Washington DC in a long time and i enjoyed seeing some of those truly great buildings. Overall i loved this field trip and i hope the the freshman class below me gets the same experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great blog post. I like the picture of the Theater at the end. Make sure you look over the grammar and spelling in this post, but I like how you included your favorite part of the trip. Good job!
ReplyDeleteNice post. I completely agree with this post. I liked all of your opinions and what the actors did will help us learn about how to read Shakespeare. Good post overall.
ReplyDelete